Indigenous peoples have the right … to maintain, protect, and have access in privacy to their religious and cultural sites; the right to the use and control of their ceremonial objects; and the right to the repatriation of their human remains.
United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples
(226) 706 – 8888 ext. 821
Did you know?!
In Ontario, you can earn your archaeology license without a university degree under our mentorship! Get in touch for details.
Your history, under your care and control.
Reclaiming the use, protection, research, and management of your Indigenous Nation’s cultural heritage can strengthen the connections to land, spirit, and power. Taking control over these precious resources supports your assertion of Treaty and Aboriginal Rights, and can be central in your journey towards self-determination. Our team at SVS stands with you in taking a community-led, holisitic approach to archaeology and heritage projects.
- Archaeology & cultural heritage policy development
- Archaeological management plans
- Community-driven archaeological assessments, fieldwork, and training
- Cultural material repatriation support
- Technical reviews
Why choose SVS?
We take working ourselves out of a job seriously: We wholeheartedly believe that heritage should be managed by descendant communities and not by politicians and archaeologists.
- Relationships first: It’s all about building long-term, trusting relationships. We take the time to learn your goals, values, needs, culture, and concerns, and work closely with you throughout every project we do together. You know what’s important, we’re here to support.
- Capacity expansion: As with every project we do, we are committed to building the skills and capacity you need to address heritage.
- In-house experts: Archaeologists, Indigenous Knowledge studies, GIS and mapping, lands department support, regulatory support, and community planning.
Want more information? Download our Archaeology brochure.
Now that you know who we are and what we do, tell us more about what’s going on in your world..